BTS also known as Bangtan Sonyeondan is a South Korean boy band that is very popular group all over the world. The group consists of Jin, Suga, J-Hope, RM, Jimin, V, and Jungkook. Their success has not gone unnoticed by their fans! The ARMY (BTS fandom name) has been celebrating their achievements.
BTS has won numerous awards under their belt
They have won many awards since their debut, including two awards for Korean artists: Song of the Year and Best Music Video by a Foreign Artist at the MTV European Music Awards in 2018.
BTS has also won awards like the ‘Top Social Artist Award’ at the Billboard Music Awards, the ‘Top Social Artist Award at the World Music Awards’, and even an award for being one of only four K-pop groups to ever be nominated as “Best New Artist” by MTV. They’ve also won several international awards like their first win at the 2018 Mnet Asian Music Awards.
Here is a list of some of the major awards that BTS has won over the years:
- Billboard Music Awards: Top Social Artist (2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021)
- MTV Europe Music Awards: Best Korean Act (2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019), Best Group (2020)
- American Music Awards: Favorite Social Artist (2018, 2019, 2020, 2021)
- Melon Music Awards: Artist of the Year (2018, 2019), Song of the Year (“Dynamite” – 2020), Album of the Year (“Map of the Soul: 7” – 2020)
- Gaon Chart Music Awards: Artist of the Year – Digital Music (2018, 2019, 2020), Artist of the Year – Album (2020)
- Korean Music Awards: Musician of the Year (2018, 2019)
- Billboard Music Awards: Top Duo/Group (2019)
- MTV Video Music Awards: Best K-pop (2019, 2020)
- People’s Choice Awards: The Group of 2018, The Music Video of 2019 (“Boy With Luv”)
- iHeartRadio Music Awards: Best Fan Army (2018, 2019, 2020, 2021)
- Guinness World Records: Most viewed YouTube music video in 24 hours (“Dynamite” – 2020)
- Grammy Awards: Best Pop Duo/Group Performance (“Dynamite” – 2021)
This is just a selection of the many awards that BTS has received.
They are also the first group to win an award at the American Music Awards (AMA)
BTS is the first group to win an award at the American Music Awards (AMA). The award was for Top Social Artist. It was given to them in 2017. The award is based on a combination of social media presence and music sales. The group had an incredible year in 2017, and it’s no wonder that they won this award. They were the first group ever to win it, too!
BTS fans are very loyal and supportive. The ARMY is a huge part of why BTS has been able to achieve so much success in the music industry, with their dedication to seeing the boys succeed being evident on every social media platform from Instagram to Twitter.
It’s clear that BTS has been on a long and successful journey. Their fans have been there with them every step of the way, cheering them on and waiting for this day to happen. These awards are just another testament to how much they love what they do.